No-Bake Pumpkin Pie “Cheesecake” Bars (Vegan & Gluten-Free)
Ingredients For the Pumpkin Filling:
- 1 cup cashews soaked for 6 hours
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp coconut oil (melted then cooled)
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- 3/4 cup of almond & coconut milk
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- Big pinch sea salt
- 1 tbsp of cinnamon
- Pinch ground nutmeg
Ingredients for the Crust:
- 1 cup gluten-free oats
- 7 medjool dates
- ½ cup almond butter
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 cup of walnuts & pecans mixed (or nut of your choice
- 3 tbsp of coconut flakes
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp of coconut oil
- 1/4 cup of filtered water
– Line a baking pan with baking paper (mine was around 11 x 7 but you can do smaller!)
– First crust! Put the rolled oats for the crust in a food processor to make a flour consistency. Then, add in the nuts and pulse.
– Add the rest of the crust ingredients besides the water and pulse. Slowly add in water until “dough” like. It should be sticky and all sticking together. Press this down into the bottom of the pan until all even. Pop this in the freezer while making the filling! Go ahead and wash out the food processor.
– Onto the filling, drain and rinse the cashews and add all the filling ingredients besides the nut milk into the processor. Process for a couple minutes until it starts to get creamy. Then add in the nut milk until even more creamy!
– Once all mixed and extra creamy, take the crust out from the freezer and pour the filling over. Make sure it is as even as possible and place back in the freezer for at least 4 hours to set.
– When ready to serve you can take out and let it sit for about 20 mintutes to serve. YUM!!!